Ligamentotomy is one of the most popular penis enlargement methods. Although the operation is complicated by the rehabilitation period, it has quite high efficiency. After surgery, the phallus increases from 2 to 5 cm in length. These indicators can be achieved only if the surgeon's recommendations are strictly followed and the extender is constantly worn.
Indications for surgery
The main indication for ligamentotomy is penile length up to 12 cm during full arousal. The most common cause of a small penis is the anatomical structure (congenital micropenis). But the operation is carried out in other cases:
- size reduction after injury;
- hypospadias, in which the opening of the urethra is misplaced;
- curvature of the penis (Peyronie's disease);
- epispadias (the upper wall of the urethra is completely or partially divided);
- replacement of the cavernous bodies of the organ with connective tissue (cavernous fibrosis);
- hereditary diseases: Kallman or Klinefelter syndrome.
Contraindications for ligamentotomy
- The presence of mental illness at any stage;
- The location of the malignant tumor in the genital area;
- Presence of uncontrolled hypertension:
- Individual patient resistance to analgesics, anticoagulants, the presence of allergic reactions to the metal seam, disinfectant solutions;
- Advanced infection of bacterial etiology;
- Inflammatory processes in the genital area;
- The presence of diseases characterized by poor blood coagulation;
- Previously transferred operations in this area and injuries of the genitals;
- The presence of sexually transmitted diseases, infectious and inflammatory processes of the lower part of the body.
Preparation for ligamentotomy
The duration of the ligamentotomy depends on the method and lasts between 20 and 60 minutes. Before the operation, the man undergoes a standard examination, which includes:
- Consultation of a urologist-surgeon and a psychiatrist.
- Blood tests (clinical and biochemical).
- General urinalysis.
- A smear from the urethra.
- Blood tests for syphilis, HIV infection, and hepatitis.
- Examination by the anesthesiologist.
Preparation for the operation begins 10 hours before, the patient is advised not to eat or drink, the inguinal region is shaved.
How is the penis lengthened by ligamentotomy?
The operation is performed under anesthesia. An incision is made in the skin in the middle of the scrotum, through this incision the surgeon accesses the suspensory ligament of the penis, which is cut with a scalpel. The duration of the operation is 0. 5-1 hour. Absorbable sutures are placed over the skin of the scrotum.
The course of operation includes several stages:
- the patient is placed on a sterile stretcher;
- spinal anesthesia is administered; monitor the body's reaction;
- the surgeon makes a small incision;
- probe the connective ligament;
- he does his dissection with a scalpel;
- stretch the penis with slow and careful movements to the maximum length of the ligament (it is different for each person);
- the incision is sutured; a bandage is applied.
Ligamentotomy can be performed according to the standard method, but in modern medicine another version is also used - with the introduction of fatty tissue into the cavity to increase the diameter of the penis. Also, the plastic differs in the types of cleavage: through the scrotum or the pubis.
Excision in the scrotal region
This technique is considered the most modern and safe. If before they opened the access to the ligament through the pubis, now they do it through the scrotum, which opens up new possibilities:
- operation time is reduced to 10-20 minutes;
- there is no scar;
- reduced soft tissue trauma;
- it became possible to perform surgical manipulations with a large amount of fatty tissue;
- Maximum absence of pain after and during the operation.
Characteristics of the procedure:
- the skin in the scrotum (upper part of the seminal sac) is cut, after which the soft tissues are separated;
- opens access to the ligamentous apparatus;
- the superficial ligament is stopped in the form of a sling;
- the supporting ligament is released;
- hemostasis is performed.
During the excision of the scrotum, the surgeon pays attention to the mobilization of the ligaments located near the branches of the dorsal vein and the spermatic cords.
Incision in the pubic region
This is the first method of penis enlargement that has been used. Its distinctive feature is as follows:
- excision is performed in the pubic area;
- large scars remain;
- high level of soft tissue trauma;
- difficulties in operating with an overweight patient;
- long rehabilitation period;
- the scar formed in many cases does not allow the penis to fully take the upward direction.
Differences in methods
Pain sensations with these two methods differ: in the first option, the exit through the scrotal region is characterized by safety and painlessness for the patient, but certain difficulties for the surgeon. In the second option, it is easier for the doctor to remove the ligament through an incision above the pubic region, but this promises pain to the patient.
Plastic surgery is performed under local anesthesia. The duration of the operation is about 50 minutes. At the end, a bandage is applied to the postoperative area. The sutures are removed at 2 weeks.
Rehabilitation after ligamentotomy. extender
An extender is a device that is a prerequisite after a ligamentotomy, without which there will be no postoperative effect and the operation will be in vain.
The device must be used for more than 3 months for 4 or more hours daily. It is generally accepted that most of the lengthening process occurs in the third to sixth month.
Results: before and after ligamentotomy
None of the methods can guarantee 100% penis enlargement. Even men who decide to undergo surgery cannot boast of the result they expected. In most cases, an elongation of the penis is observed, but these figures hardly reach 2-3 cm, for example, if the length of a man's penis in a normal state hardly reaches 12-13 cm, then after the excision of the supporting ligament is increased to 4 cm But this does not mean that this result is for everyone who does a ligamentotomy.
In this case, the subsequent use of the extender plays an important role. If you use it strictly according to the scheme drawn up by the doctor, the growth of the phallus will be much more noticeable than when you deviate from it. Ligamentotomy, the results of which directly depend on the individual structural features of the penis, is an effective way to enlarge the shaft, but at the same time, the effectiveness of the procedure is determined by the patience and diligence of the patient. After all, it's hard to wear an extender every day for many months. Not all people can use the device every day.
Is a ligamentotomy worth it?
So to do or not to do? Not all men can decide on a ligamentotomy. Firstly, this is a responsible decision, and secondly, it is quite expensive. On the territory of our country, the cost of ligamentotomy can reach impressive amounts of tens of thousands of rubles, such a difference is determined by the qualifications of the plastic surgeon, the rating of the clinic, and the price of the extender.
For obvious reasons, any urological center that respects the patient and performs a ligamentotomy provides detailed information on this intimate operation on its website. Plastic lengthening of the penis by sectioning the suspensory ligament is considered a simple and relatively safe operation. But no clinic will give an absolute guarantee. Therefore, the choice is yours: to undergo an operation or to try to solve the problem not so radically.
How much does penis enlargement cost?
The cost of the operation depends on the qualifications of the operating doctor. You must understand that this does not include consultations with a specialist, your examination, being in a hospital, necessary medications, post-operative follow-up.